Friday, August 28, 2009

How Lucky Am I??? (Brag Warning!)

I spent yesterday having Susan Khalje help fit my muslin. Yes, the Susan Khalje. I'm in New York for her (and Kenneth King's) 4 day "Sit and Sew" class, and learning so much! My muslin (now properly fitted) is ripped apart and ready for the fashion fabric. I purchased my silk charmeuse lining yesterday, but still have the undaunting task of finding/making the trim. My boucle came from home, and has a million colors in it, so it shouldn't be too bad. Susan said that since the weave is pretty tight, I don't need to use any interfacing. What a (pleasant) surprise that is! So, if you'll excuse me, I have to get to class. Just a short walk to the studio, which is in the heart of the garment district and a few blocks from the best fabric shopping in the world. See ya later, girls! (Please don't hate me, I just couldn't resist!)

2 comments:

  1. You have every right to brag! Hope you are having a great time. Pass on any helpful hints!! Can't wait to see the muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How fabulous is that? I bet you are learning all sorts of incredible things. I am green with envy (the colour of my jacket...what a coincidence!) but thrilled that someone is having such a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete