Monday, August 24, 2009

Quilting Dilemma

I am stuck with few issues regarding coat construction.

The things that bother me are facing and insertion of the collar. The collar should be sandwiched between the shell and the facing fabrics. If the lining is supposed to be quilted to the shell fabric, I am not sure how will I apply the collar... I've been meditating a lot on this issue.
I might sew the top shoulder yokes and insert the collar, quilt the lining to the shell fabric (the yoke parts), and then attach to the yokes the rest of the coat front and back panels (which would be pre-quilted)? Any suggestions?

Oh, and here's my fabric:



I haven't found the right lining yet, but I saw a nice deep purple satin silk, with unusual print. And, I still have to find the trim and buttons, something in deep purple as well, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Does it have to be inserted or is there another way in which you could attach it that would work - perhaps turning and slip stitching the inside of the collar? How can I is such a fascinating question.

    - Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little late to be asking, but how did you quilt your lining to the jacket? By hand? I have a similar fabric (not boucle).

    ReplyDelete