Thursday, October 22, 2009

Full Steam Ahead

It is Thursday and I am finally blogging my Chanel progress. I am taking it slow. Mostly due to a nasty head cold which has made me a bit lazy this week. I ended up steaming my boucle for pre-treatment. I felt, it was the most gentle way to go and it is too early in the project to ruin the fabric!
I had Mood Fabrics in NY send pink charmeuse samples for the lining. I order the perfect pink for only $15./yd. Much cheaper than at Vogue Fabrics!

I am using Susan Khalje's Threads 121 article for the construction. I am going step by step. Step one...make the muslin...check...dismantle the muslin...check....

Label all the pattern pieces and cut off all seam allowances...check.


After pressing the muslin pattern, draw in all grade lines...check...
Presently I am pinning my muslin pattern pieces to the boucle and thread tracing . I will be back with more progress!

4 comments:

  1. Really fascinating!! And I thought Jackie was sooooo chic, so ahead of her time, so timeless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy we are progressing at the same pace.
    I like the idea that I am not alone making my jacket and that people over the world are doing the same thing at the same time

    Marie-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete