Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'VE GOT TO GO CHANNEL....

OR GO HOME. I've done little else but introduce myself here, but I have been watching and reading all about the great thing you all have been doing. I finally got around to starting my jacket for the challenge. I'm a little over the start date of September 1st but better late than never... I cut my muslin yesterday and started putting it together this evening. Here's the pattern I finally choose from the ones I had on hand, my fabric and shocking pink lining.



This is my first fitting after making a few adjustments in the waist area of the jacket. I decreased the four princess seams 1/4inch in the waist area and I think I like the fit because the fronts are not supposed to overlap.


This is a picture of the neck/upper chest area of the jacket that indicates that there is too much overlap in this area. I think that I will increase the front princess seams from the shoulder to just below the bust a 1/2 inch on both sides to decrease the overlap in this area. Muslins do take extra time, but are well worth the effort.

I make notations on the muslin so I won't forget the adjustments I need to make. If these ideas work out, I'll transfer the reminders right on the paper pattern.


I've seen some great jackets produced since the challenge started. Believe me, I am picking up suggestions, ideas, and learning from you. I am trying my best to keep it simple with this jacket as I do have a habit of over complicating things. By the way I do plan on making a matching pencil skirt after the jacket is finished.
See you girls at the finish line...
FAYE

2 comments:

  1. I love your get going attitude--send it this way!! And love shocking pink lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planing a pencil skirt as well and maybe a blouse made with the fabric lining

    Maie-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete